If you can visualize the bad, you can visualize the good.
A lot of us spend our days picturing the worst outcome…
- What if I get out the door late to work on Monday morning
- What if I get stuck in traffic on the way to pick up my kid from daycare
- What if I spill coffee on my shirt
- What if I don’t complete this project by the deadline
Add yours to the list.
We could just as easily picture the good of all of these though…
- I’ll get out the door to make it in perfect time to the office
- Traffic will buzz right along while I go to get Suzie from daycare
- I’m such a meticulous eater
- I’m going to get this project done well before the deadline
It takes the same effort to imagine the good as it does the bad. I wonder if we’d have better outcomes if we spent more time on the good though. I think we might.